
I will stay in the profession for as long as I'm able to as I enjoy learning new things and the challenges that come with the job. The profession will constantly evolve to meet future issues and we will learn new ways to deal with them.
Even new roles are being created to improve library services and there will be plenty of opportunities for me to pursue. Just yesterday, I was offered to consider for a position that has presented itself due to a resignation. I am now able to apply for it because I have graduated in my L5 studies and am expected to have the minimum competence level to perform. I am really excited and hope I'll get the new position. Being able to assist people from all walks of life provides an insight into the future of the profession. As Kenneth Dowling in Reading 4.2 says that technologies will never replace traditional mediums, they will complement and supplement each other. And so will Information Professionals be heralded as.
So cheers to All The Information Management Professionals!
No comments:
Post a Comment