
Although the course is finishing, my studies and professional development does not end here. It has been quite a busy trimester as I am also studying for another paper (Records Management) and working full time. Information Issues has given me a good insight on not only how libraries work, but also at other information institutions such as records centres and archives.
These issues have actually taught me to be more aware of external influences and how that can affect my job. The course materials have definitely stimulated my interest and learning in the subject. It will be a continuing development process as information professionals keep abreast with changes in technology and information overload.
This is the first time I have written a journal blog, I now realise how useful it is in terms of a place to record my thoughts and place to store useful websites, videos and post for future use. It has taught me how to use some Web 2.0 appliations. I will keep subscribing to my mailing lists and keep track of the comments there. Did not realise there can be so many different commentators.
I can now have a short break and do an end of course victory dance before I embark on the next phase of my studies (Trimester 2).
No comments:
Post a Comment