Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Learning Process During The First 2 Modules And Assignment


I find it is a very good idea that there is a support group within my library system. This can be a rewarding experience as far as quality socialization and the communication and discussion with other fellow students. As I had previously studied the Information Industry course, I found certain aspects and topics to be similar. Of course technology is never ending and new discoveries and awareness are abundantly developing in every area of knowledge and every moment of the day. I also find that working on my assignment at night works best after a day’s work in the libraries when I am able to reflect on personal experiences of the day. Every experience has learning potential, it is always a learning curve. I no longer get too stressed about assignment deadlines and have learnt to pace my studies in a natural and relaxed manner. My learning process for the first two modules has involved observing my working environment more closely, doing researching and communicating with my co-workers on any issues we encounter. However, I find some of the readings long and mundane such as ‘Theorizing the Information Society’ and Bush’s article ‘As we may think’. As to my resources for the assignment, I have obtained a lot of notes and information from the library’s internal policies relating to the MyCard project. This is critical as Information Issues is a Level 7 paper and much depends on undertaking research myself and then realizing the answers.The small time investment in additional learning of information society and technology can go a long way to keeping my skills fresh and increasing my understanding of any issues in my job.
Posted by princess at 5:13 AM Originally posted on 5 April 2011

No comments: