NZ-Libs - In the last 2 weeks, one of the topics that generated a bit of interest going was the ‘Oldest Library’ discussion where many librarians participated in offering information. I find this educational as not only is there the benefit of good communication with other members, many valuable friendships are found and great support is abound by people experiencing similar things. Another good example is the posting (28 March 2011) on how Librarians are coping on losing their collections in the Christchurch earthquake.
Bloglines - Since I have added RSS feeds to my Bloglines account that included New York Public Libraries and the Victoria State Library, I have enjoyed exploring a certain link or idea and what that has led me on to discover. An enjoyment of gaining knowledge and information is attained because it is simply what I am interested in. ‘Thoughts on Japan and other monsters in the closet’ is close to my heart about the aftermath of the devastating Japanese tsunami. It may have happened many miles away, but a lot of avid readers of Manga, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon feel an affinity towards the Japanese people and culture and could relate to their grief at this time
No comments:
Post a Comment