Tuesday, April 5, 2011
INFORMATION ISSUES JOURNAL (Part 1) My career and learning course expectations
The main impetus of why I started studying is because my employers are paying my course fees and I seize this opportunity as a personal challenge to undertake this task at this time and age. As I have worked myself from scratch for the Diploma in Library and Information Studies, I noted that a lot of its courses have been aptly titled ‘information this and information that’. Seeing that Information Issues is a Level 7 paper, extensive research , contemplation and experience will be needed for me to think laterally across library issues in today’s world. By the end of this course, hopefully I should be able recognize the transformations demanded by today information society, assess and analyse emerging issues and look into the challenges facing information management professionals in relation to emerging technologies. Careers today are becoming more specialized at the world continues to get more complex. This is especially true in many professions and professional organizations require their members to develop the skills necessary for today’s environment and society. As a Library Assistant, I am aware that embarking on library studies is one way that I can maintain a level of education that is consistent with this field of knowledge. As the ‘Information Society’ has evolved, professional librarians have not only maintained but also developed and learned new techniques and skill sets. It is critical in this information overload world to evaluate resources and information effectively. Therefore I need to push myself forward for my own professional development to stay ahead of the pack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment